We are a coalition of organizations and individuals. Our mission is to serve as an effective voice for developing and advocating policies and laws that protect and enhance Rhode Island's environment. We are proud of our long history of environmental advocacy dating back to 1972.
- State affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation
- Set legislative priorities annually
- Issue Green Report Card biannually (in even years)
- Present the Senator John H. Chafee Conservation Leadership Awards annually since 2000.
- Present Loraine Tisdale Environmental Education Awards annually.
2015 Compost Conference & Trade Show
Monday, March 16th at U.R.I.!
Read our most recent Green Report Card.
It evaluates the environmental records of RI lawmakers on our priority issues for the previous two legislative sessions. Letter grades are assigned to individual legislators based on their bill votes and sponsorships. A qualitative evaluation of Governor Chafee's record is also part of the report.