We are a coalition of organizations and individuals. Our mission is to serve as an effective voice for developing and advocating policies and laws that protect and enhance Rhode Island's environment. We are proud of our long history of environmental advocacy dating back to 1972.
- State affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation
- Set legislative priorities annually
- Issue Green Report Card biannually (in even years)
- Presented the Senator John H. Chafee Conservation Leadership Awards annually from 2000 to 2014
- Present Loraine Tisdale Environmental Education Awards annually.
ECRI Annual Meeting – Monday June 1st at Slater Mill in Pawtucket. Keynote speaker will be Collin O'Mara, President and CEO of the National Wildlife Federation.
Rhode Island Compost Conference & Trade Show
was held on March 16, 2015.
Read our most recent Green Report Card.
It evaluates the environmental records of RI lawmakers on our priority issues for the previous two legislative sessions. Letter grades are assigned to individual legislators based on their bill votes and sponsorships. A qualitative evaluation of Governor Chafee's record is also part of the report.