The Environment Council of Rhode Island is a coalition of organizations and individuals. Our mission is to serve as an effective voice for developing and advocating policies and laws that protect and enhance Rhode Island's environment. We are proud of our long history of environmental advocacy dating back to 1972.
- State affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation
- Set legislative priorities annually
- Issue Green Report Card biannually (in even years)
- Present the Senator John H. Chafee Conservation Leadership Awards annually since 2000.
- Present Loraine Tisdale Environmental Education Awards annually.