We are a coalition of organizations and individuals. Our mission is to serve as an effective voice for developing and advocating policies and laws that protect and enhance Rhode Island's environment. We are proud of our long history of environmental advocacy dating back to 1972.
- State affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation
- Set legislative priorities annually
- Issue Green Report Card biannually (in even years)
- Present the Senator John H. Chafee Conservation Leadership Awards annually since 2000.
- Present Loraine Tisdale Environmental Education Awards annually.
Our most recent Green Report Card was completed on August 18th. It evaluates the environmental records of Rhode Island lawmakers on our priority issues for the 2013 – 2014 current and last years’ legislative sessions, with letter grades issued to individual General Assembly members based on bill votes and sponsorships, along with a qualitative evaluation given of the Governor.
Stay tuned for information about 2015's Compost Conference & Trade Show!